Friday, November 12, 2010

In honor of the FSC

I hope they are reading this. As I embark on this crazy journey of parenthood, I keep on thinking back to my childhood.  I have been shuffling through so many fantastic memories and of course my group "The FSC" or "The Four Some Club" is in so many of them. I have known these 3 girls, Jaclyn, Gina and Katie, since kindergarten and we all had a bond around the American Girl Dolls.

Here we are December 2006. I wish I had a scanner so I could scan the photos of us back in the day with our dolls.



All four of us had at least 2 American Girl Dolls and when I was back at my parents house a couple months ago I grabbed my old dolls. My parents saved the dolls for when the time came to give them to my daughter and well that time is almost here. Of course I made Bret go through every doll item with me and he is learning how important they are to me. I truly can't wait for Madison to experience the American Girl Collection and all they have to offer.

So here is Felicity and Samantha set up in a corner in Madison's room. All the clothes are in Samantha's trunk and the books are on the book shelf.

By the way, when I got into the dolls there were only 3, Mollie, Kirsten and Samantha. Now it is an empire and Samantha Parkington has been retired.  This not only makes me feel old, but sad because in my opinion she was the best and had the most interesting story.

5 comments:

  1. i love how you spelled the american girl doll molly, like mollie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is: good times spent with good people/friends.
    I've come across some very fun pictures of the 4 of us in the last year or so... I can't wait til we can get together and our children can play!! (sorry Madison, but you might have to wait a while for some FSC playmates, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! Now you can play with a real baby doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. samantha has been retired!!!???!!!??? so sad.
    i love this post, thanks for the shout out!

    x

    ReplyDelete