Madison arrived on 12/7/2010 at 12:28PM. She weighed 5lbs 2 oz and was 17.5 inches.
While at the doctor's office for my 37 week check up, my blood pressure measured high so they decided it was best for us to head over to the hospital so I could be induced. My blood pressure didn't go down so they put me on magnesium to prevent a seizure. My pitocin didn't work the first day so they stopped it for the night which allowed me to eat some dinner and rest. The next morning I showered (which I have no memory of thanks to the ambien), started my pitocin at 5am and they broke my water at around 7:30am. I really do not have much of a memory of this morning but my mom did my hair and it was the weirdest, yet really cool sensation when they broke my water.
At some point that morning I got my epidural, which made everything easier, and basically I trusted my instincts and my body. I made progress and at 10 cm they were thinking I would try pushing without the doctor there - well Madison was further down then they thought and Dr. Onan rushed on over! I was told not to push until the doctor was ready and 3 contractions later, Madison arrived! It was the most amazing experience, and if I may toot my own horn the doctor and nurse were impressed that I pushed so well, it was as if I had done it before.
We got to hold Madison for about a half hour and then they watched her in the nursery for 4 hours. She stopped breathing a couple of times so they moved her to the NICU to watch her more closely. At first we thought it was the earlier entrance into the world plus the magnesium that was causing her apnea episodes, but 2 days later she was deemed the "mystery baby" of the NICU. All her tests came back completely normal and they can't figure out why she just stops breathing sometimes. That being said, the doctors said babies just come out of this on their own and need time to mature. Madison did get her IV out and was moved to a crib, so we are making progress. She will be released about 5 days after her last episode. I actually have to stay here until at least Saturday since my blood pressure is super high still, I guess I am just going to remain close to Madison!
Here is a little video of our baby girl being super cute! We love how she just talks to us!

OMG that video is insanely precious! i am so happy for you guys!!!!! :) :)
ReplyDelete