Monday, June 13, 2011

6 months

Has it really been 6 months since I was pregnant and gave birth? 6 months since this amazing litte baby entered our lives? 6 months since Christmas time? Crazy but it has been 6 months and time has flown. 
As far as development, it is crazy how far she has come.  She now sits up, smiles for a camera, she is eatting her solid meals in her high chair and had her first accident. She slipped off the chair in our family room as I was killing a bug. She is absolutely fine, just a little scared for a minute. Lesson learned, she is now at the point where she can not be left alone, definitely not in elevated spots. I only make this confession because I know that every child has a bump and a bruise at some point in their life.

Madison's first time in the high chair.

Madison had her 6 months check up and clocked in at 14lbs, 11 oz (27%), 25.5 in (26%) and  a jump to 40.5 inches head circumfrence (6%). Her head was at 2% at 4 months and she is creating her own growth curve. Head size is genetic and my dad has a small head. She is jumping percentiles in the other 2 categories which is fantastic.


Madison really wants to be friends with the cats, REALLY bad.  She continuously looks for them and wants to play with them all the time. She caught Frankie's tail once but he quickly got away. Fortunately for them, they know to keep their distance. While Madison is stationary and not crawling all is well between the cats and Madison.


Madison has also figured out what a camera is.  She is now a ham and usually smiles for me when I am taking a picture of her. Madison being a ham and sitting up for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment