Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was an eventful weekend. Friday was muffins with mom at Madison's school. There she and I played for a little bit, chatted with her teacher Ms. Jessica, and she gave me her gift she made me.  The best beginning to a great weekend.
My FANTASTIC Gift.  
 I should have known that if she was this tired it was not time to start solid food. This picture was taken after I picked her up from school on Friday just as we got home.

After being SUPER sick for about a week and a half, Madison was making up for lost time and gulping down her bottles.  Her teachers and I decided it was the time to start solids (we already had the okay from her doctors).  So I made the attempt to give her rice cereal that Friday night once Bret got home from work.  BIG mistake. Between  being super tired, super hungry, super thick cereal and not knowing what was going in her mouth, the end result was MAJOR tears. So attempt 1 at solid food is a major fail.  We did try again, but that will come later.

 

 Saturday morning I was told that Bret and Madison had work to do and I was not allowed to go in the dining room (which means the living room too since they are connected by a large doorway).  Bret even made a sign reminding me to not go in.  I asked him if it was purposefully made to look like a 2 year old wrote it, he said yes, but I'm not too sure about that. He colored it with highlighters.  I love him and his attempts at crafts. If you can't read the sign, it says, "Daddy and Madison's Workshop 9:30 -?????? No Mommy Allowed."


Saturday afternoon we headed to Keeneland to celebrate Derby. Of course Madison was dressed to celebrate, derby hat and all.
 Simply adorable.
 We went with Jill, Larry, Kenzie, and Jill's family. Jill's parents are aching for another grand baby to spoil.  In the mean time they are loving on Madison, we are definitely okay with that. 

For actual mother's day Bret went all out.  It was fantastic and by far topped all birthdays and anniversaries I have ever had. Maybe it was extra special because it was my first, but it was truly fabulous.

At the beginning of the week I had made 1 rule.  The gift had to be made.  (My kids will learn that the best gifts do not need to cost an arm and a leg). So Bret, who I never knew was creative, made me a jigsaw puzzle of a photo collage of Madison and I, knowing I LOVE puzzles. He also made me a video of highlights from Madison's life to date.  My parents and Rhonda sent video clips talking about me being a mother, super sweet.  Bret than surprised me with a massage at The Massage Center at Dudley Square and a brunch at Jean Farris Winery.  The massage was extremely relaxing and the food was amazing.  I highly recommend both places.

 It was such a pretty day and for a farm, the winery was pretty.  The bistro at the winery is farm to table food, meaning they grow their own herbs, make their own honey and even harvest their own eggs.  It truly was fantastic.
It was the best weekend and I loved every single minute of it.  I felt honored to be Madison's mom and wife to my fabulous husband Bret. 

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome, big bravo to bret. I'll make sure Nelson consults with him when that time comes for us!

    ReplyDelete