Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stay at home mom


 In the very beginning of mommy hood I said I COULD NEVER be a stay at home mom.  When I was little I had dreams of being Martha Stewart and loving on my future babies.  I wanted to be June Cleaver making all my meals from scratch, making all the curtains, doing all the cleaning and the laundry.  Well once that baby came reality hit me and I needed a break from mommy hood and work did that. It is also nice having the extra mula. I was not going to be June Cleaver, Martha Stewart or my mother for that matter. I do make curtains, I do cook and I do clean, but that was not going to be my full time job. 


So after I swore I needed to be a working mom, I now am taking that statement back a little. As Madison got older she got to be so much fun. We love playing together, I love interacting with her and I didn't mind doing cleaning or cooking. I got a taste of being a stay at home mom when she was off from school and there was no one else to watch her. So she stayed home with me and we had a great time. I mean who wouldn't want to take care of this cutie pie?

 
I am loving it all.  I am loving bath time, I am loving talking walks and I am loving when she only wants to be held by me.  Now if Bret was out of town these past couple of days it probably would not have been the same, but he was here so I loved it.  The house was clean and we did have home made meals (meal planning does help with this) and laundry was done.  I loved it and now miss it now that we are back to our regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment